Sunday, January 20, 2008

Organized....what's that?

I've been trying, ever since Christmas, trying to get back into a groove of staying organized and keeping up on school, housework. projects, etc, etc, etc...It seems like an overwhelming task lately and I was beginning to think I should throw in the towel and be one of those folks who just don't give a darn about the sink full of smelly, dirty dishes, the piles of laundry- both dirty and clean and in need of folding or putting away, the layers of dust on just about everything...oh, dear, I've just given myself away!

Thankfully, the Lord has calmed my messy and somewhat cluttered mind and given me a peace in the midst of the chaos. I don't know, but sometimes I feel like the only one who seriously feels like I'm going crazy if my house is a disaster. Does anyone else feel that way?

After talking with a VERY good friend, and after giving my issues to the Lord, the peace He sent was so, well, peaceful. I looked online and found some great resources on organizing school, home and life. I'm sure there are more out there, so please feel free to share.

Joanne has a great blog with great photos of her homemaking journal. WOW, she's got it together and it is so inspiring.

Donna Young has great schedules and planners you can print.

The Homeschool Mom has great ideas, schedules, articles, menus... They'll even email you weekly menus.

Flylady is perfect for just starting to organize and clean your home, and she's so real and funny, I just love her site.

Saving Dinner Leanne Ely's book Saving Dinner inspired me to be more consistent with menu planning and shopping.


Then after doing research, taking notes and getting myself all organized in my head-and on paper; I am slowly beginning to get back to my old organized self. Now, I am nowhere near orgnaized like these ladies, but in my own little corner of life, I am beginning to get an overall sense of how to keep the balance between chaos and peace--at least as far as clutter, dishes and the like are concerned,*L*.

No comments: