Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter 08

Is it me, or is this year already flying by? I have no idea where the time is going, I only know that every day I think to myself, "What is today? Is it March already?" I think I get so busy in teaching the kids and the day to day of teaching, directing and re-directing, discipline, cleaning, laundry;... oh, no this child fell down and needs a band-aid, this child is asking for some glue, that child is thirsty... it all goes round and round.

Now it is almost Easter and I am nowhere near ready. Well I have some of the duckies' baskets stuff together, and I think I have some cute clothes picked out for everyone on Sunday, but that's about it.

llllllllllllllllllllll

Every morning I read to the kids this week a part of the Easter story. Today was the part when Christ carries his cross to Golgotha and how the crowd was chanting, "Crucify Him" over and over. We talked about how His disciples must have felt and how his mother, Mary, must have hurt for her son to be going through so much pain. We talked about how Jesus was thinking of us when He was dying. I was in tears before the end. I love my Savior so much and in this season of reflection and remembering His passion (suffering) for us, for me...is so humbling. My children asked my why I was crying, all I could say was because I love Jesus and what He did for me and for them.

I truely think of the season of Easter as Holy Week. For me it is a time of deep reflection on the passion of Chirst for us His bride. As I commune with my Savior in the quietmoments of my day, I can only drink in His love and offer my life back to Him. He is the reason for me, without Him, I am lost.

llllllllllllllllllllll

What does Easter mean to you? How do you celebrate? Any family traditions?

For us, obviously, it's a deeply personal time. In the day-to-day, we endeavor to teach our children the Scriptures. We take communion with them at home and at church, we focus on the Resurrection and the Salvation message.

During school time, we've done Resurrection crafts, put together Resurrection eggs, and done some games we found online.

Our traditions for Easter so far are dying eggs the night before, egg hunts on Easter, big family dinner after church. I am on the lookout for adding to our tradition list, so if there are any ideas out there, let me know!

Leave a comment and share your Easter traditions!

No comments: