Sunday, July 13, 2008

Honey Bee Lapbook

We had alot of fun with this one. We used a mix of HOAC and a honeybee mini-book set that was a freebie on Curr-click a while back. We see alot of bees in the spring-time, so this helped alleviate some of the fear the kids had of them. Our son had been stung by a bee almost 2 years ago and it is still fresh in his mind every spring.


Here's the cover of our 1st grader's bee l.b.


Inside we did a life cycle, parts of a bee, how they help us, a who's who--we labeled the different bees according to their specific job in the colony. and of course the bee dance. Our little princess was all about the queen bee, so that became the focus of most of our lessons, and there was a mini- book for that very thing.

1 comment:

Valerie McClintick said...

Lol, I can remember a time when I was stung too, and it's 20 some odd years later. Bees are like my mortal enemy, I just can't shake them, and that buzzing sound flying past my face......oogles....it's giving me the creeps just thinking about it!

How have you been lately? Anything exciting? Are you ready for school to start?