Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Friendly Street Live Nativiy



Phew! Is it me, or are the holidays coming faster and faster each year? I'm bustling around like a mad-woman trying to get everything together in time. Now I know how ol' St. Nick feels, lol.



This year we're doing our Advent calendar again. To see how we put ours together, check out Valerie's blog post. I added some little slips of green paper to each day with an activity to do with the kids. Some days were crafts, baking, special stories and on the weekends I added family craft night and family fun nights! Last weekend we used Confessions of a Homeschooler's Mini-van Express idea. I made golden tickets for each kid and we hopped in the van and drove around town looking at light displays. We played Christmas carols and had little treats for the kids to snack on. So much fun!




This weekend we took the kids downtown to see two Living Nativity displays. One of them was at the church where I used to teach at their school! All of the kids I taught are probably in high school or beyond by now--it was 9+ years ago! But it was really cute to see all the angels and shepherds with Mary and Joseph. It was all kid performers, and they had a cd going that recited the Scriptures of the Birth of Christ. The second one we saw, was a very cool display at another church. This one had people also, and they were more like individual scenes all across the church's front yard. I felt bad for the wise men. Three men in their robes and finery facing the whipping wind and having to hold oh, so, still all night long. My hat is off to them!





Now it's last minute shopping, baking, cleaning and trying to keep the kids focused on the real Reason for the Season.











glitter-graphics.com

2 comments:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

We wanted to go but I wasn't quick enough with dinner-- and Shane was a bit overwhelmed -- so We will share the expirence thru your pictures--- Next year WE WILL GO! -- I think we might try to make it a tradition... ?
Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

This blog is great! Thanks for your hard work on it.